Current interests include:
M.S. students are welcome to join current research projects:
Sergey Abaimov, Statistical Physics of Non-Thermal Phase Transitions— From Foundations to Applications, Springer, 2015
Sergey Abaimov, Statistical Physics of Complex Systems, 2nd ed., URSS (in Russian), 2013
Sergey Abaimov, Statistical Physics of Complex Systems, URSS (in Russian), 2011
Sergey Abaimov, Yury Belousov, Ilya Polishchuk, and Andrey Mikheyenkov, The Growth of Entropy Breaking Time Symmetry, in Russian, in preparation for submission.
1. D.L. Turcotte, S.G. Abaimov, I. Dobson, J.B. Rundle, Implications of an inverse branching aftershock sequence model, Phys. Rev. E, 79, 016101, 2009.
2. S.G. Abaimov, Applicability and non-applicability of equilibrium statistical mechanics to non-thermal damage phenomena, J. Stat. Mech., P09005, 2008.
3. S.G. Abaimov, Applicability and non-applicability of equilibrium statistical mechanics to non-thermal damage phenomena: II. Spinodal behavior, J. Stat. Mech., P03039, 2009.
4. S.G. Abaimov, K.F. Tiampo, D.L. Turcotte, J.B. Rundle, Recurrent frequency-size distribution of characteristic events, Nonlin. Proc. Geophys., 16, 333-350, 2009.
5. S.G. Abaimov, J.P. Cusumano, Nucleation phenomena in an annealed damage model: Statistics of times to failure, Phys. Rev. E, 90(6), 062401, 2014.
6. S.G. Abaimov, A.A. Khudyakova, S.V. Lomov, On the closed form expression of the Mori–Tanaka theory prediction for the engineering constants of a unidirectional fiber-reinforced ply, Compos. Struct., 142, 1-6, 2016.
7. S.G. Abaimov and I.S. Akhatov, Non-thermal quenched damage phenomena: The application of the mean-field approach for the three-dimensional case, AIP Advan., 6(9), 095116, 2016.
Boeing’s Best Engineer, 2010.
One of eight laureates of S.P.Korolev’s Competition, Korolev, Russia, 2000.
Prize-winner (1st place) of XVth Science-Technology Conference, Korolev, Russia, 1999;
Student stipend of the Acoustical Society of America, 1996.
Winner (3rd place) of Physics-Mathematics Olympiad, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Moscow, 1990.
Winner (1st place) of Mathematics Olympiad “MSTU-90”, Moscow State Technical University n.a. N.E. Bauman (MSTU), Moscow, 1990.
Winner of National Competition “Abiturient-90” (Mathematics and Physics), Russia, 1990.
Winner of Physics-Mathematics Olympiad, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology – State University, Moscow, 1989.
Silver Medal, Moscow Mathematical School 315, 1990.