Professor: Henni Ouerdane
Yuriy received his PhD degree in Fluid Mechanics at Kutateladze Institute of Thermophysics SB RAS, Novosibirsk in 2016. Title of the thesis was “Convective condensation of vapor and evaporation of a liquid layer under gas flow in confined conditions”.
His research is in the field of the hydrodynamics and heat-and-mass transfer in two-phase flows under phase change conditions.
1 .Y. Lyulin, A. Kreta , H. Ouerdane, and O. A. Kabov
“Experimental study of convective motions by the PIV technique within an evaporating liquid layer into a gas flow”.
Microgravity Science and Technology, accepted for publication (2019). IF=1.973 (Q1) DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/s12217-019-09759-x
2. Lyulin Y., Kabov O., Kuznetsov G., Feoktistov D., Ponomarev K. Influence of the interface surface area on the evaporation intensity of a stationary liquid layer under action of the gas flow, Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, accepted for publication (2020).
3. Y.V. Lyulin, A.S. Kreta and O.A. Kabov, Influence of the gas flow velocity on convection in a horizontal evaporating liquid layer, Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, (2019) 26: 133. https://doi.org/10.1134/S086986431901013X
4. H. Machrafi, Y. Lyulin, C.S. Iorio, O. A. Kabov, P.C. Dauby, Numerical parametric study of the evaporation rate of a liquid under a shear gas flow: experimental validation and the importance of confinement on the convection cells and the evaporation rate, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 72, 8–19, 2018. IF=2,103 (Q1)
5. Goncharova O. N., Rezanova E. V., Lyulin Yu. V. and Kabov O. A., Analysis of a Convective Fluid Flow with a Concurrent Gas Flow with Allowance for Evaporation// High Temperature, 2017, Vol. 55, No. 6, pp. 871–88. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1134/S0018151X17060074 IF= 1.064 (Q2)
6. Lyulin Yu., Spesivtsev S., Marchuk I., Kabov O., Study of the dynamics of the rupture of thin spot-heated liquid layer and the formation of a droplets cluster, Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, 2017, No. 6, Vol. 27 pp 949–952. IF=1.156
7. Lyulin, Y.V., Spesivtsev, S.E., Marchuk, I.V., Kabov, O.A., Investigation of disruption dynamics of the horizontal liquid layer with spot heating from the substrate side, (2015) Technical Physics Letters, 41 (11), pp. 1034-1037. IF= 0.808
8. Gatapova, E.Y., Filipenko, R.A., Lyulin, Y.V., Graur, I.A., Marchuk, I.V., Kabov, O.A., Experimental investigation of the temperature field in the gas-liquid two-layer system // Thermophysics and Aeromechanics. -2015. – V. 22(6). –P. 701 – 706. IF=1.156
9. Goncharova, O.N., Rezanova, E.V., Lyulin, Y.V., Kabov, O.A.,”Modeling of two-layer liquid-gas flow with account for evaporation// Thermophysics and Aeromechanics. -2015. – V. 22(5). –P. 631 – 637. IF=1.156
10. Lyulin, Y.V., Feoktistov, D.V., Afanas’ev, I.A., Chachilo, E.S., Kabov, O.A., Kuznetsov, G.V., Measuring the rate of local evaporation from the liquid surface under the action of gas flow // Technical Physics Letters. -2015. – V. 41(7). –P. 665 – 667. IF= 0.808
11. Lyulin Y., Kabov O., Evaporative convection in a horizontal liquid layer under shear–stress gas flow, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 70, pp. 599-609, 2014. IF 3,891 (Q1)
|2016||Ph.D. (Degree of Candidate of Sciences in fluid mechanics), November 30, 2016, Kutateladze Institute of Thermophysics SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia. Thesis “Convective condensation of vapor and evaporation of a liquid layer under gas flow in confined conditions”|
|2003||Masters of Science in Mathematics majoring in “Applied mathematics and informatics”, June 28, 2003, Novosibirsk State University, Russia. Thesis: “Mathematical model of stationary vapor condensation on curvilinear surface taking into account heat conductivity in the condenser wall”.|
|2001||Bachelor of Science in Mathematics majoring in “Theoretical and Applied Mechanics”, June 28, 2001, Al-Farabi Kazah National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan. Thesis: “Investigation of mathematical pendulum with variable mass”.|
Research interests: Нeat transfer enhancement, phase change, two-phase flow, filmwise and dropwise condensation, finned surface, hydrophobic surface, surface tension, capillary pressure, local heating, thin liquid films, evaporation, convection, thermocapillary effect, cooling of micro-electronics, high heat flux, wettability, nano-structured surfaces, experimental works in ground and microgravity conditions, droplets.
Russian Science Foundation:
RSF, 15-19-20049, 2014-2017, «Transport processes in multiphase systems with phase transitions», Principal investigator, Supervisor of experimental reseach.
RSF, 18-79-10258, 2018- present, The use of microstructured surfaces for heat transfer enhancement in thin liquid films moving under the action of a gas flow in the minichannel, Principal investigator.
RSF, 14-19-01755, 2013-2016, Transport processes in two-phase flows with contact lines in microchannels with respect to high-intensity cooling systems, Investigator.
Russian Foundation for Basic Research:
RFBR, 19-38-50099 mol_nr, 2020, Systems of heat removal from the ground and heat-loaded elements based on thermosyphons in conditions typical for the Arctic and Antarctic, Supervisor.
RFBR, 14-08-00163 А, 2014-2016, Theoretical and experimental study of the processes of heat and mass transfer in two-layer convection flows with evaporation, Principal investigator.
RFBR, 14-38-50008 mol_nr, 2014, Experimental study of evaporation processes in a horizontal moving fluid layer partially open to a gas flow, Principal investigator.
RFBR, 14-08-31559 mil_a, 2014-2015, Study of heat transfer and dynamics in sessile drops of fluid, Investigator.
Ministry of Education and Science RF:
14.616.21.0016, 2014-2016, Development of scientific and technological potential and experimental samples for high-performance two-phase cooling systems with natural circulation for space and transportation applications, Investigator.
14.604.21.0053, 2014-2016, Evaporative cooling system for high-performance new generation processors with forced coolant circulation, Investigator.
14.613.21.0011, 2014-2016, Creation of cooling technology for heat-stressed elements using single-component two-phase flows, Investigator.
MAP Project, AO-2004-096, 2009- present, Research project of the European Space Agency (MAP): project AO-2004-096 “Enhanced Condensers for Microgravity (ENCOM-3)”, (Scientific coordinator: Prof. Davide Del Col, UNIPD); representative of IT SB RAS in the MAP project. Investigator
MAP Project, AO-99-110, 2008- present, Research project of the European Space Agency (MAP): project MAP Project AO-99-110 “Evaporation Patterns (previously named CIMEX)”, (Scientific coordinator: Prof. Pierre Colinet, ULB-TIPs); representative of IT SB RAS in the MAP project. Investigator
INTAS Young Scientist Fellowship, Ref. Nr. 04-83-2952, 2004-2008, Thermocapillary convection in a locally heated shear-driven liquid film», (IT SB RAS Russia; ULB-MRC, Belgium); Project leader.
|2017||Diploma for scientific achievements and conscientious work, Kutateladze Institute of Thermophysics, Novosibirsk, 2017, Russia.|
|2012||Award for Best Poster presentation on Seventh International Symposium on TWO-PHASE SYSTEMS FOR GROUND AND SPACE APPLICATIONS, September 17-21, 2012, Beijing, China.|
|2006||Diploma of charitable foundation for the promotion of national science “Best PhD student of RAS”, 2006, Moscow.|
|2003||First Degree Award on the competition of Young Scientists, Institute of Thermophysics, Novosibirsk, Russia, April 2003.|
|2002||Second Degree Award on the VII All-Russian Young Scientists Conference “Actual Problems of Thermophysics and hydraulic gas dynamics”, Novosibirsk, Russia, April 2002.|