Dmitry graduated from the Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU) with a Master’s degree in Molecular Physics in 2006 and continued his studies there as a PhD student, obtaining his PhD degree in Chemical Physics in 2008. While still a student, he joined the Russian division of Schlumberger, where he successfully built his career from Research Associate through Research Program Manager for Digital Rock & Fluid theme to Project Manager and Acting Research Director of Production Intelligence Department over the course of nine years. His research focused on the following areas: enhanced oil recovery, 3D imaging and image processing, reservoir characterization and stimulation, fluid and rock physics, complex flow modeling, and, most recently, predictive Big Data analytics.
In 2014 – 2015 Dmitry worked as Head of Department of New Technologies at Gazprom Neft (before returning to Schlumberger as Acting Research Director). Here, he significantly enhanced his managerial experience, managing a portfolio of 50+ projects related to development and implementation of new technologies, as well as participating in development of a long-term technology strategy of the corporation.
Dmitry’s teaching and mentoring experience includes a practical course on experiments in classical mechanics for first year students of MSU, supervision of several MS students from MIPT and mentoring of multiple research interns at Schlumberger (MS and PhD students from MSU and MIPT).
1. R. T. Armstrong, S. Berg, O. Dinariev, N. Evseev, D. Klemin, D. Koroteev, S. Safonov, Modeling of Pore-Scale Two-Phase Phenomena Using Density Functional Hydrodynamics, Transport in Porous Media, First online: 11 March 2016
2. R.Armstrong, N.Evseev, D.Koroteev, S.Berg, Modeling the velocity field during Haines jumps in porous media, Advances in Water Resources, 77 (2015) 57–68
3. D.Koroteev, O.Dinariev, N.Evseev, D.Klemin, A.Nadeev, S. Safonov, O.Gurpinar, S.Berg, C.van Kruijsdijk, R.Armstrong, M.T.Myers, L.Hathon, H. deJong, Direct Hydrodynamic Simulation Of Multiphase Flow In Porous Rocks, Petrophysics, 2014, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 294 – 304
4. D.Koroteev, O.Dinariev, N.Evseev, D.Klemin, S.Safonov, O.Gurpinar, S.Berg, C.vanKruijsdijk, M.Myers, L.Hathon, H.de Jong, R.Armstrong, Application of Digital Rock Technology for Chemical EOR Screening, SPE-165258
5. A. Nadeev, D. Mikhailov, E. Chuvilin, D. Koroteev, V. Shako, Visualization of clay and frozen substances inside porous rocks using X-ray micro-computed tomography, Microscopy and Analysis, 2013, Vol. 27, No. 1.
6. A.Mutina and D.Koroteev, Using X-Ray Microtomography for the Three Dimensional Mapping of Minerals, Microscopy and Analysis, 2012, Volume 26, Number 2.
7. V. Bazilevskii, D. A. Koroteev, A. N. Rozhkov, and A. A. Skobeleva, Sedimentation of particles in shear flows of viscoelastic fluids, Fluid Dynamics, 2010, Volume 45, Number 4, pp. 626-637.
8. I.A. Znamenskaya, D.A. Koroteev, and A.E. Lutsky, Experimental study of the two-dimensional problem of plane discontinuity breakdown at pulsed ionization of a flow with a shock, Doklady Physics (Proceedings of Russian Academy of Sciences), 2008, Vol. 53, No. 6, pp. 328- 331. © Pleiades Publishing, Ltd.
9. I.A. Znamenskaya, D.A. Koroteev, and A.E. Lutsky, Discontinuity breakdown on shock wave interaction with nanosecond discharge, Physics Of Fluids, 2008, Vol. 20, issue 5, p. 056101.
10. D.A. Koroteev, On effect of plasma formations on shock waves (in Russian), Flight (Russian), 2008 No. 2, pp. 36-42.
11. O.N. Zhuravlev, D.A. Koroteev and K.I. Popov, Decrease of hydrodynamic resistance at stochastic treatment of the flow (in Russian), Applied Physics (Russian), 2008 No. 2.
12. I.A. Znamenskaya and D.A. Koroteev, Nanosecond volume gas discharge in a flow with gasdynamic discontinuities, Moscow University Physics Bulletin, 2008, Vol. 63, No. 1, pp. 80- 82. © Allerton Press, Inc., 2008.
13. I.A. Znamenskaya, D.A. Koroteev and N.A. Popov, A nanosecond high-current discharge in a supersonic gas flow, High Temperature, 2005, Vol. 43, No. 6, © Springer New York, 2005
1. RU 2580174 Method for defining porosity of a core sample. D. Koroteev, D. Korobkov, I. Varfolomeev, A. Nadeev
2. US 8767507 Method for determination of the oil formation’s water-flooding area radius in the wellbore zone D. Koroteev, I. Gorban, O. Zhuravlev
3. RU 2464417 Method of hydraulic fracturing D. Koroteev, A. Osiptsov
4. RU 2412339 Procedure for treatment of bottomhole reservoir zone (versions) D. Koroteev, K. Popov
5. RU 2411354 Procedure for treatment of bottomhole reservoir zone D. Koroteev, K. Popov, S. Irishkov
6. RU 2402046 Procedure for evaluation of shape and dimensions of water-flooded area in near wellbore zone O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev, I. Gorban
7. CA 2616575 Oil recovery enhancement method O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev, K. Popov
8. US 7789141 Oil recovery enhancement method O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev, K. Popov
9. RU 2388906 Method for determining the radius of water flooding area near the well O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev, I. Gorban
10. RU 2380530 Method for prevening gas-hydrate formation O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev, K. Popov, D.Bagrets
11. RU 2379715 Method of measuring permeability of porous reservoir O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev
12. RU 2374438 Method to control a hydraulic fracture development and its geometry O.Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev, M. Charara
13. RU 2363845 Method of evaluating permeability of saturated reservoir O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev
14. RU 2355878 Method for increasing reservoir recovery O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev, K. Popov
15. RU 2350830 Method of transporting viscous oil and oil products via pipeline (versions) O. Zhuravlev, D. Koroteev, K. Popov
Best Exploration Technology by World Oil.October 2014. Schlumberger’s CoreFlow digital rock and fluid analytics services is recognized as Best Exploration Technology in 2014
Young Professional Best Paper SPWLA/SCA. September 2013. Paper “Direct hydrodynamic simulation of multiphase flow in porous rock” was recognized as Young Professional Best Paper prsented at International Symposium of the Society of Core Analysts, Napa Valley, California, 16-19 September. The paper is authored by Koroteev, D., Dinariev, O., Evseev, N., Klemin, D., Nadeev, A., Safonov, S., Gurpinar, O., Berg, S., van Kruisdijk, C., Armstrong, T. R., Meyers, M., Hathon, L., and H. de Jong.